Thursday, July 13, 2006

Prison Outsourcing

Prison outsourcing was heralded as the next India for BPO (close to home, no "cultural" barriers, and high productivity). How crazy is this suggestion? It's one thing to have prisoners do manual labor but can you imagine ordering a pair of J.Crew khakis through Sing Sing? I can think of so so many security breaches. In India, we're talking about highly trained professionals, many with masters and PhD's answering phones. I would fathom we won't find the same level of education amongst our prison population. Oh, well...it's nice to entertain the idea, albeit a bit scary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kosin,

I just came across this via Jeff Nolan's blog. It's good stuff. Now that you're no longer at Yankee, do still track the SCM space at SAP? How about the Greater China market? If yes, then I might know a company worth talking to.

John

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

I still track SCM to an extent but it's very matured and there's really not many players left. Greater China is interesting, we've been contemplating some analysis there. What is your area of expertise John?

Kosin

Anonymous said...

Kosin,

My background is in PR and AR and I use to work for a SCM startup (Saltare and then Vizional) a few years back. I helped set up some briefings with you for the execs when you were still at Yankee.

I currently do some PR & AR onsulting and also blog about the mobility space here:

http://mobileanalystwatch.blogspot.com/

An ex-colleague of mine has a software startup focusing on demand management apps for mid-sized companies. They have 10+ customers in Greater China.

They would like to speak to SAP to explore some potential opportunities so drop me an email at mobileanalystwatch@gmail.com if you think there might be someone at SAP they can speak to.

Thanks,
John