Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Quotes of the Day - 3.29.06

Q: Do you have an iPod?
A: No, I do not. Nor do my children. My children--in many dimensions they're as poorly behaved as many other children, but at least on this dimension I've got my kids brainwashed: You don't use Google, and you don't use an iPod.

-- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer says the Ballmer family prefers to dine on its own dogfood.

"For all those who lament the pre-inclusion of Internet Explorer, it's worth noting that if IE WASN'T pre-installed, most people wouldn't be able to download all that IM, media playing, or even alternative browsers such as Firefox. In other words, if IE wasn't pre-included with Windows, the market for software -- including open source software targeted at desktop computers -- might actually shrink."

-- Microsoft's John Carroll says Firefox users, the open source community, all of us owe Redmond an enormous debt of gratitude.

-Silicon Valley

No comments: